The Wild Adventures of Roaming Hamsters...
Today was pretty relaxing. We had a few things on our list to do:
1. Get a massage
2. Go through our gear and get rid of stuff
3. REI
4. Mail stuff
5. Have dinner with friends
I can't say how wonderful the weather is here. I could go on and on. Let's just say that it's 85 degrees and it's JANUARY! Imagine a big smile on my face.
Here is how our day ended...
Our good friends (Blake and Maren) returned last night from their pilgrimage to the Holy Land. Having been touched by the Spirit, they immediately offered up their home for us to stay. In fact, they insisted that we stay. So, having spent a very, very relaxing time with Dan, Melissa, and family, we allowed them to return to a stay of post-holiday quiet, and moved all of our "stuff" to Blake and Maren's house.
Today was also notable because it was the FIRST time LaNova has ever ridden her motorcycle AT NIGHT! To all of you cagers (an endearing term reserved for non-riders who enshroud themselves in gobs of steel caging), riding at night is not as easy as one might think...mainly because all you cagers out there are particularly oblivious to anything other than your own hood ornament, so seeing a motorcycle seems to be more of an exercise in target practice than anything else.
LaNova is a bona fide biker. She has successfully executed tricky environments, night-time riding, and many other feats of skill...all in her first week on the trip. Kudos!!!
Did we mention that we have AWESOME FRIENDS??? Yes, it's true. From Dan and Melissa, Tyler and Candace, Jared and Bonnie, Jeff, and Blake and Maren, and everyone else, suffice to say that we have awesome and hospitable friends. In fact, as part of this evening's great triumphs was Ashley's magnificent manicotti masterpiece, with Blake skillfully baking a delicious loaf of French Bread.
1 comment:
I miss you LaNova!! Of course you're amazing on a motorcycle within the first week, you're amazing at everything you do!! (I did expect you to be better sooner though, I have to admit that a week is a long time. Haha, j/k.) I'm glad you're both enjoying it so far!
Post a Comment