The Wild Adventures of Roaming Hamsters...
Does anybody remember 17 October 1989? I do. Allow me to set the scene: The San Francisco Giants were playing the Oakland A's in the World Series. It was an awesome time for Bay Area residents. It was also the day that the Bay Area experienced one of the most traumatic events in recent memory--the Loma Prieta Earthquake with a magnitude of 6.9.
Now, there have been many people out there who have been wary of our Mexican Adventure. And, given the exploits of American media, that's understandable. But, what is the most intriguing about our journey through Mexico is this...
Since we have been in Mexico, we have felt more earthquakes than ever experienced before. I felt one in the middle of the night a couple of weeks back. And, then, just this afternoon, we felt one while having lunch! (see 7.6 Earthquake Hits Mexico)
To be fair, we didn't really feel much. It was more of a feeling that you get when a semi passes you really close and you can feel the earth roll. But, I just think that it's interesting. Sure Mexico, along with California, is on the "Pacific Rim of Fire". But, how often do we really feel an earthquake? And, what are the odds that you're going to feel one while traveling?
Truly good times.
PS~ For those who got caught up in the "lunch" aspect of the story, allow me to inform you that I had the best hamburger that I've ever had! A road-side stand. Delicious. Fresh bun. Perfectly cooked patty. Amazing in it's simplicity. YUM.
2 comments:
mmmm... burger ....... oh yeah.. the quake, all good right? saw the news, so far nothing bad on the reports, glad everything is ok there too :)
ADV Fool - Randy
Glad you guy's are OK, I was wondering about you. . . . .
Post a Comment