28 December 2011

A Journey of A Thousand Miles Begins...with a stop sign

The Wild Adventures of Roaming Hamsters...

It's the day you've all been waiting for.......our adventure has begun!  We left Christian René's parents' house this afternoon and arrived safely in Salinas, California.


We're young, in love, happy and alive!

Check out his kick stand...I think we're going to have to get that fixed or reenforced soon.

You can't see it, but my kickstand is just fine.

Stopped for gas making a phone call

I figured you would want to see the evidence that we're still alive and well and happy so I put the photos first.  

What a day!  It was only decided a few days ago that we were going to leave for our trip.  I know that sounds spontaneous, although we've been planning the trip for months, we have been waiting for the right time to pack up and leave.  We'd been at Christian René's parents' house since October and I think we wore out our welcome (or close to it). 

In the interest of time and this being the first blog of the actual trip and the fact that I'm ready to fall asleep, I will list the events of the day, hour by hour.  Here it goes:

9:00 am   Breakfast (yummy coffee cake)
10:00 am Seal up our storage (Rats got into a few of our boxes)
11:00 am Seal up our storage...still
12:00 pm Load up Motorcycles (We have a TON of stuff and are already thinking of what we can leave.)
1:00 pm   Start up the motorcycles and hit the road
2:00 pm   Vallejo, CA (1 hour of riding. First time riding on the freeway for LaNova.  I did awesome.)
3:00 pm   East Bay, CA (Had to pull over on the freeway to reattach a loose strap.)
3:37 pm   Saw our favorite sign on our way from San Fran to LA..."Coyote Creek Golf Drive"
4:00 pm   Got on Highway 101
5:00 pm   Stopped in Salinas, California to get gas but decided to stay instead of riding in the dark.
5:30 pm   Checked into a hotel
6:00 pm   Ate a yum-o dinner at IHOP
7:00 pm   Ate free dinner at the hotel (Sloppy Joe's and salad)
7:05 pm   Checked out the indoor pool and exercise room.  I miss exercise!
8:00 pm   Watched TV and relaxed. Checked our Facebook and blog
9:00 pm   Updating blog

Needless to say, we're both tired.  My shoulders are aching, my butt went to sleep during the ride (which means it's well rested already) and I'm doing just fine.  Christian René is tired.  I told him that he's a wimp compared to me because he was ready for bed at 7:00 pm and I was thinking about taking a dip in the pool.    
We're glad to be together and have had a feeling of peace about our travels all day.  

We should be arriving in Camarillo/Thousand Oaks tomorrow and we're looking forward to being back in Southern California and seeing all our friends.

9:27 pm   Zzzzzzzzzz.................

2 comments:

tanyamae said...

I am glad the journey has begun!!! And I am even more glad that you two are happy, safe and in love!

Nakki said...

Yeah! The adventure has begun! You have a place to stay in Costa Mesa (you might get tired from the drive from Thousand Oaks right???).

Post a Comment